114 E. Main Street, Blooming Prairie, MN 55917 columbanusbp@gmail.com

Historical Journey of St. Columbanus Catholic Church

PASTORS:

1867 - 1st Mass, Rev. Michael Predergast, Archdiocese of St. Paul

1868 - Small church built - Mission Parish

1877 - Larger church built - Mission Parish

1882-1920 - Rev. David L. Murray

1920-1921 - Rev. Arthur R. Dorran

1921-1922 - Rev. John E. Scullen

1922-1946 - Rev. James V. Donavan

1946-1950 - Rev. Sabenus E. Mulcahy

1950-1952 - Rev. Peter S. Fafinski

1952-1967 - Rev. Herman Boecker

1967-1968 - Rev. Paul Breza

1968-1976 - Rev. Hilary McNallan

1976-1983 - Rev. Lawrence P. Ginther

1983-1991 - Rev. Paul Halloran

1991-2008 - Rev. Richard J. Dernek

2008-2012 - Rev. William J. Kulas

2012-2015 - Rev. Steve Peterson

2015-Present - Rev. Thomas Niehaus

On June 22, 1988, St. Columbanus celebrated a very special occasion.  For the first time in its history a member of the parish was ordained to the priesthood. Rev. William M. Becker was ordained in the Cathedral of the Sacred Heart in Winona by the most Rev. John G. Vlazny, Bishop of the Winona Diocese.  On June 26, 1988, Rev. Becker celebrated his first parish Mass in St. Columbanus Church, Blooming Prairie, MN.